- 07-Feb-2013 to 01-Mar-2013 (EST)
- Grove City, OH, USA
- Full Time
- Human Resources
Group Health, Retirement and Leave Benefits
Working at Mid-Ohio Foodbank is both challenging and rewarding. We hire team members that are passionate about building and sustaining our community's ability to make food accessible to all people.
About Mid-Ohio Foodbank
Mid-Ohio Foodbank believes that no one in our community should go hungry. To help achieve this vision, our organization is dedicated to feeding hungry people by collecting and distributing food and grocery products, educating the community about hunger, advocating for hunger-relief programs, and collaborating with others who address basic human needs. We partner with more than 550 emergency feeding sites across central and eastern Ohio, including food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, senior centers, and after-school programs. Over the past 12 months, the Foodbank has distributed more than 46 million pounds of food and grocery products to our partner charities.
About the Human Resources Director Position
As the HR Director for the Foodbank, this hands-on position is responsible for all facets of the HR function including, but not limited to, performance management, benefits, compensation, recruitment, adherence to employment laws and regulations, wellness initiatives, staff training and development and statistical/analytical reporting. The Director establishes, implements, oversees and evaluates HR strategies, processes, programs and policies and works collaboratively with the management team. The Director will also partner with the company's VP of Human Resources on the delivery of value added policies/processes/solutions to achieve the organizational strategic goals and objectives.
The successful candidate will have broad-based business experience in human resource management and will be a leader who can inspire and work collaboratively with both management and staff as we continue our goal to "Close the Meal Gap".
This full-time opportunity offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package to include health, dental, vision, life, disability, company-funded retirement plan and generous leave benefits.
SUMMARY: In partnership with the VP of Human Resources, the Human Resources Director will plan and implement Mid-Ohio Foodbank's overall strategies for attraction/retention of people by administering recruitment, compensation and benefits, workers compensation, employee development, performance management, wellness and employee relations.
1. Manage recruitment strategies from attraction through on-boarding
2. Analyze benefits options and cost alternatives for providing employee benefits, recommend benefits program modifications and implement approved benefits modifications
3. Administers employee benefit programs in compliance with carrier contracts
4. Conducts new employee orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefits. Counsels employees (and potential employees/applicants) on plan provisions so that individuals can make informed decisions on benefits
5. Develop and administer wellness programs in cooperation with applicable vendors and/or committee for the purpose of meeting a wide variety of wellness initiatives
6. Manage wage/salary administration to support MOF's compensation/benefits strategy, philosophy, and policies with the objective of retaining talent
7. Maintain all personnel files, I-9 records, drug and alcohol screening and background investigation results, and other personnel records, and ensure MOF is in compliance with all laws and regulations and demonstrates "best practices" in regard to personnel information management
8. Advise managers on MOF policy matters and management best practices
9. Maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with employment-related laws and regulations
10. Develops policies and programs to support MOF's organizational goals
11. Serve as a resource for supervisors and managers in handling employee issues and assist them in coaching employees, conducting evaluations, staff training, problem-solving and consensus-building insuring fair and equitable treatment of staff, including conflict resolution and disputes
12. Manage actions and proceedings in connection with employment, benefits and workers compensation issues, EEOC charges and management of outside counsel
13. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. SPHR preferred.
Experience: Minimum of six years of diverse HR experience with in-depth experience in benefits administration, full cycle recruitment, and compensation practices. Experience in managing workers compensation and unemployment claims preferred.
Knowledge: Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); knowledge of Federal and state regulations sufficient to execute duties in an effective and compliant manner.
Skills/Competencies: Must possess strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and conflict resolution techniques. Ability to represent MOF with professionalism when interacting with stakeholders. Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!