- 17-Apr-2013 to 30-Apr-2013 (EST)
- Grove City, OH, USA
- Full Time
Group health, retirement and leave benefits
The Mid-Ohio Foodbank is currently hiring two Warehouse Specialist positions at its Grove City, OH location.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing a variety of manual tasks associated with the acquisition, storage, and distribution of food products.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Manager, Warehouse Operations
- Performs a variety of general duties including picking and packing, loading, unloading and proper storage of food products.
- Loads orders onto trucks for delivery to agencies. Completes bill of loading and assign seal number. Shrink wraps and tags skids for delivery.
- Develops and provides receipts to donors.
- Processes 'Welcome Home' orders for reclamation.
- Ensures that first-in-first-out methodology is used for each order transaction.
- Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of food distribution areas. Uses pallets as food is pulled from the shelves.
- Participates in special projects at the request of the Manager, Warehouse Operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED required.
Experience: Minimum of one year of warehouse experience including use of forklift (propane & electric), electric hand jack (4ft and 8ft), and tilt trucks.
Knowledge: Working knowledge of general warehouse machinery and operations. Knowledge of quality control practices and procedures.
Skills/Competencies: Good math skills. Good customer service skills. Ability to work effectively and efficiently both independently and in a team environment.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Working Conditions: Warehouse environment. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. Frequent standing, walking, lifting, carrying, and reaching. Must work in constantly changing climate temperatures.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
This position comes with an incredible benefits package and starts at $11.00/hr