- 04-Jun-2013 to 28-Jun-2013 (EST)
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
SUMMARY: Day to day, this position will focus on proactive outreach to both traditional and digital media by developing and deploying proactive marketing and communications strategies to educate, influence and motivate external audiences to support the Foodbank's vision, mission and priorities.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to VP, Marketing/Communications/ Public Affairs
DIRECT REPORTS: AmeriCorps and/or VISTA members as recruited
1. Develops and implements proactive external communications plans informed by clients/stories in conjunction with Dept. VP and other Foodbank associates to ensure the organization, its programs, and the hunger issue is promoted effectively.
2. Develops and executes proactive media outreach plan and metrics, tracks coverage, and manages a monthly press digest for distribution to targeted stakeholders.
3. Writes, pitches and places stories relevant to the Foodbank's work internally to Feed the Line and externally to End the Line across entire footprint and scrapbooks all media advisories and releases.
4. Coordinates news bureau activities with corporate and organizational partners interested in promoting their engagement with the Foodbank.
5. Establishes, maintains and strengthens relationships and connections with key media outlets located throughout the Foodbank's footprint, seeking opportunities for positive coverage.
6. Develop and implement a dedicated strategy and plan for Hunger Action Month that includes editorial board meetings, letters to the editor and opposite editorial pieces.
7. Cultivates and shares broad-based digital consumer insights to guide decision-making.
8. Grow and manage social communities to engage social influencers who can drive awareness of the Foodbank and its work and stakeholder action.
9. Directs and implements web-based and social media campaigns, promotions and messaging to expand awareness through branded website and social media networks,
10. Manages presence in social networking sites/channels, seeds content into all social applications and keeps all posts, FB, Twitter, blogs fresh and daily.
11. Manages a Blogger outreach program and builds an active brand ambassador network to spread the word about the Foodbank and its work.
12. Monitors effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of communications and digital media efforts, and analyze, review and report on effectiveness to maximize results.
13. Stays current and up-to-date on web and social media market trends and develops strategies to incorporate innovation into the Foodbank's digital work.
14. Work with Dept. VP to create a cohesive online brand experience.
15. Supports and integrate the Foodbank brand, including vision, mission and values in all communications efforts
16. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
17. Coordinates content for Mid-Ohio Foodbank's website
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field; master's degree preferred.
Licenses/Designations: APR certification preferred
Experience: At least five to seven years of experience in communications, public relations, digital marketing, social media or related marketing field. Experience in nonprofit a plus.
Knowledge: In-depth knowledge and understanding of both traditional media and social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Digg, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, etc.) and how they can be deployed in diverse outreach efforts; and Knowledge of blogging ecosystem relevant to nonprofits. Advanced experience with Microsoft Office products. HTML knowledge preferred.
Skills/Competencies: Strong written and verbal communications, project management and organizational skills. Demonstrated ability to recommend, persuade and influence ways to improve communications flow, execution and deliverables both internally and externally. Must be able to represent the Foodbank with professionalism when interacting with Foodbank stakeholders - including clients, partner agencies, community corporate, civic and governmental partners, media, and staff.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Working Conditions: Normal office environment.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Job Family: Marketing and Communications