- 28-Jun-2013 to 14-Jul-2013 (EST)
- Agency Services
- Columbus, OH, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefit Package including Retirement Benefit
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Pantry Coordinator, this position will be responsible for day to day tasks that support pantry operations and maintenance of on-site community garden.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Agency Services Manager
1. Support day-to-day operations of community food pantry according to Standard Operation Practices- stock shelves, answer phones, schedule pantry visits, sign-in pantry customers for service, assist pantry shoppers as needed.
2. Assist in supporting the maintenance of on-site community garden- watering beds, picking vegetables for pantry distribution, etc.
3. Work in partnership with volunteers in the pantry and garden spaces to achieve set tasks.
4. Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following safety practices and policies.
5. Participates in special projects as requested.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses/Designations: Must have reliable transportation. Must complete food safety training within the first 3 months of service (food safety training is provided by Mid-Ohio Foodbank).
Experience: Experience working/volunteering in a community based setting interacting directly with individuals, families and/or children in a customer service or education capacity is desired.
Knowledge: Knowledge of food pantry operations and community garden projects/initiatives is preferred. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Skills/Competencies: Strong people skills and physical agility are required. Individuals must be able to lift 50 lbs. Candidates must represent Mid-Ohio Foodbank with professionalism when interacting with clients, volunteers, community members and Foodbank staff.
FLSA Status: Non- exempt
Working Conditions: This job requires working evening and weekend hours. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. Frequent, walking, standing, lifting. Will work in outside conditions when fulfilling garden duties.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!