- 13-Aug-2013 to 30-Aug-2013 (EST)
- Agency Services
- OH, USA
- Full Time
SUMMARY: This position will work under the supervision of the MOF Program Manager and support strategizing, coordinating, training and helping to implement fresh food distribution programs and education initiatives related to fresh produce.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to Program Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: no direct reports
- Work with cross-department team to develop annual produce distribution plan.
- Establish and manger relationships with coordinators at produce sites in high-need communities across the MOF service area. Initiate contact with new partners; maintain ongoing communications; provide program support.
- Lead effort to train produce partners to implement programs & report service statistics (Produce Markets/Produce Express).
- Maintain produce program delivery calendars/schedule and collect and enter program service data into project database.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date toolkits and agreements for all produce programs.
- Assist in conducting surveys with produce partners and clients to better understand the impact of providing fresh foods in high-need communities.
- Provide program information/statistics to Program Manager on time and in the proper reporting format.
- Work with food resourcing, warehouse and orders teams to ensure food for programs is ordered, staged and made available to program sites on time and according to program standards (accurate orders & good quality product).
- Serve as point person for MOF garden program.
- Coordinate Master Gardeners and volunteers to plant & maintain the garden.
- Explore new program opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Two years of college or technical degree required. Bachelor Degree preferred.
Licenses/Designations: Valid driver's license. Food Safety Training (provided by MOF)
Experience: At least two years experience working with community-based programs. Must have a clear understanding of effective program design; experience with program implementation and understand of the importance of evaluation.
Skills/Competencies: Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Proven success in achieving set goals. Strong communication and customer service skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Willingness to adjust to changing priorities. Good interpersonal skills. Must be proficient using Microsoft Office applications.
Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Travels within Foodbank territory as necessary.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt