- 12-Apr-2012 to 30-Apr-2012 (EST)
- Grove City, OH, USA
Operates truck for Mid-Ohio Foodbank (MOF), delivering produce to MOF to agencies. Completes documents associated with each pickup and delivery including US Department of Transportation (USDOT) inspections and records.
This position is seasonal starting immediately and running through October 2012. Work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday, 7 am. - 3 p.m.
- Drives truck to perform produce deliveries.
- Delivers food from MOF to agencies (i.e. agency orders, fresh produce, as well as government and special programs.)
- Loads and unloads trucks for deliveries to and from pickups.
- Completes documents associated with each pickup and delivery including US Department of Transportation (USDOT) inspections and records.
- Operates forklift, pallet jack, and/or electric jacks to load and unload truck at MOF and agency facility.
- Inspects, cleans, and maintains assigned vehicle – completing required USDOT inspection forms, transporting vehicle to & from repair shops.
- Cross-train for other special functions of the Transportation Department, such as Mobile Market and Second Servings prepared food rescue program.
- Assists with general MOF activities.
- Participates in special projects as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma required.
Licenses/Designations: Class B CDL, Valid US Department of Transportation medical card, and forklift operator's license. Employees must obtain the required Federal and/or state licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the MOF. Additional licenses/registrations may be required when new products and services are implemented. If an employee fails or is unable to obtain required licenses/registrations within the time period designated by the MOF, the employee will be ineligible to continue in the position.
Experience: At least one year of driving a commercial straight truck driving experience, including hands-on freight pickup and delivery. Experience with food products and refrigerated freight preferred. Demonstrated ability to operate forklift and material handling equipment.
Knowledge: Working knowledge of truck and warehouse machinery operations.
Skills/Competencies: Must be able to operate a straight truck and warehouse machinery such as forklift, pallet jack, and electric jack. Ability to maneuver truck in non-industrial areas. Ability to represent MOF in communications with member agencies and donors.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Working Conditions: Warehouse environment. Safety sensitive position due to regular interaction with heavy machinery. Must be able to: perform moderate to heavy physical labor (lift 50 lbs regularly), work in a regulated refrigerated environment (0 degrees or below) for short periods of time. Daily walking, bending, reaching, pushing and pulling (50 lbs.) Some night and weekend work required.
Some night and weekend work required.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associates assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!